In this week’s loaded podcast Eddie and Joe talk about:
– The Oklahoma City Thunder firing head coach Scott Brooks and where the Thunder organization goes from here — hint: we’re very good when talking O-K-C.
– Where Kevin Durant will end up in the summer of 2016. Another hint: it’s NOT Oklahoma City.
– The NBA Playoffs as a whole have been a dud save for the Clippers-Spurs series, which had an awesome Game 2 last night and some moments here and there.
– One week removed from Dishing & Swishing’s Stanley Cup Playoff predictions, each series is analyzed and compared to initial predictions.
– What’s up with the New York Rangers?
– The NFL Schedule was released on Tuesday, April 21st, so Eddie breaks down the Giants 2015 record while Joe takes the Jets. Both of these will be re-visited soon (emphasis on soon) after the 2015 NFL Draft next Thursday.
– The Mets own MLB’s best record at 10-3 (now 11-3 after a 10th consecutive win last night) and the Yankees quietly have won four of five. Maybe New York baseball will be well and alive come the summer months?
The Dishing & Swishing Podcast is a weekly sports podcast co-created by lifelong best friends Eddie Murphy and Joseph Calabrese who both grew up in the forgotten borough of Staten Island, New York just minutes apart from each other. The (usually) hourly podcast covers the biggest sports news from the following week, looks ahead to the biggest sports news coming up and extensively covers the New York sports scene including all nine local area teams.
Our main focus is to blend professionalism while still emphasizing those “New Yawker” fan roots and desire that made us both choose this to pursue careers in this industry. In order to provide a fresh, hot take on the world of sports, DnS incorporates original segments such as: “Armchair GM,” “Six-to-Midnight” “#AmateurHour.”
Along with the podcast, the DnS crew keeps followers up to date with the sports world on their blog. The blog, operated by Gene DeMaio, regularly posts news stories, previews, recaps and opinion pieces from our team of writers. Our bloggers love sports as much as anyone, and certainly have some… interesting opinions. You don’t want to miss what they have to say.